Sunday, December 20, 2009

Six months already?!


It is hard to believe that the girls joined our family 6 months ago, yet it seems like they've always been here. On Wednesday, we'll go to court at the Daley Center in Chicago to initiate United States re-adoption. This is where official name changes take place, and in a month, the final decree will be issued and the girls will be U.S. Citizens. Due to the type of their visa, they arrived here as permanent residents. Alexa also celebrates her first birthday with us this week (#5!); her big brother and sister are making sure she understands the birthday concept and that Alexa and Liana are ready for Christmas!! Below is what they had to say about our bigger family:

This is Mark. I am Alexa, Liana, and Tessa's brother. I'm 7, and I am in second grade. (My mom is typing as I talk, but these are all our words.) Our sisters have been here for half a year today. Alexa really likes Princess and the Frog, and we are going to see it on Tuesday. Her birthday is on Christmas. Liana likes Cinderella and likes to play with me. They share a room with Tessa. Liana is in a bunk bed with Tessa. Alexa has her own bed. I like Alexa and Liana in our family because they are funny. Alexa and Liana like Star Wars like me. Now that we have 4 kids, it is more work for Mommy and Daddy and I help out a lot. I help them get their clothes on and brush their teeth.

This is Tessa. I am the big sister, and I am 5 1/2. Alexa and Liana are so cute. I love them so much. Happy birthday, Alexa, and I can't wait until Christmas. Alexa and Liana rock. One time I got toothpaste in Alexa's hair, and I put water in it to clean it. I like to fix Alexa's hair. Alexa and Liana are going to love their presents we will give them for Christmas. Alexa and Liana were so funny when they first came here and they are still funny.

1 comment:

Amy Kate said...

Oh my gosh. You have been posting a lot more than I thought! Good work!
And I completely love all your kids - I love that Mark and Tessa are smitten with their sisters and dictate that to you!!